13. Is it possible to study in Malaysia on a Social Pass?
It is illegal to study in Malaysia under a Social or Tourist Pass. Students are NOT ALLOWED to enter the country via any other pass other than a Student Visa. The University is NOT ALLOWED to convert a social or tourist visa into a Student Visa.
14. What is the phone number or details of contact for the visa department?
15. What are the English requirement for Postgraduate Programmes?
You must include supporting evidence of your English proficiency if your first language is not English, or if your undergraduate degree was not taught entirely in the English language medium. Your supporting evidence of your English proficiency can be fulfilled in one of the following forms:
- International English Language Test (IELTS) – overall band 5.0
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Internet Based Test (iBT) - 60
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Paper Based Test (PBT) - 500
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Computer Based Test (CBT) - 173
Prospective students who are unable to meet any of the above English language requirements may be conditionally subject to attendance in a full-time Pre-Sessional English Course (PEC) at Centre for Modern Languages & Human Sciences. The cost of attending the program will be borne by the students.
16. Are international students eligible for financial aid?
There are scholarships made available to international students. Students are advised to enquire from the IPS Financial Assistance unit for further information.
17. What do I need in order to obtain a Letter of Acceptance from UMP?
You need to show that you have the academic qualifications and proficiency in the English language, and financial abilities to complete your term of study at UMP.
18. Which is the nearest airport to UMP?
The Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah Airport (SHAS), Kuantan is the nearest airport to UMP.
19. How much money should I bring with me?
You should bring with you enough money to pay for your first-semester tuition and living expenses. This should be in the form of travellers' cheque, cash or bank draft. A bank account can be opened after the Student Pass and Visa has been approved by the Immigration Department of Malaysia.
20. How do I find out the public transportation schedule?
Schedule may be obtained from Rapid Kuantan website.
21. If I am an international student, can you please tell me my application process to apply for postgraduate programme?
i) Check your qualifications for admission
ii) Identify your potential supervisor
iii) Upload and submit your application documents as follows:
- A full copy of academic certificates and transcripts (CERTIFIED TRUE COPY BY UNIVERSITY AND EMBASSY/MINISTRY OF HIGHER EDUCATION)
- A full copy of original passport including BLANK pages (CERTIFIED TRUE COPY) and ensure passport has a minimum of one (1) year validity.
- One (1) passport-sized photograph with blue background (3.5cm wide x 5cm height) in .jpg or .png format.
- Research Proposal in .doc or .docx or .pdf format.
- Curriculum vitae / resume (optional) in .doc or .docx or .pdf format.
- Employer testimonial / Letters of recommendation either from the current/former employer and/or from a faculty member who is able to evaluate the applicant's potential for success in the program in .pdf or .jpg format.
- English qualification certificate such as IELTS Band 5.0, TOEFL IBT - 60, TOEFL PBT– 500, TOEFL CBT – 173.
- Certified true copy of the letter of scholarship/sponsorship (if applicable).
- Other supporting certificates (compiled into one file) in .pdf format.
- A copy of the receipt after you have made the payment of the non-refundable processing fees USD30.00 or RM100.00 for International applicants. Kindly click here for the method of payment.
For visa process, kindly refer to the International Office for further information. Click here
- << Prev