1. I have registered with IPS and I have not received my matric card. How long does it take?
Normally, the matric card will be issued within a week after the submission of photograph, unless there are some amendments or correction of personal particulars.
2. Can I extend my offer letter registration for research mode?
The offer letter validity period for research mode is a year. Within a year, the candidate needs to register. Late registration will only be permitted under special circumstances (for example, cases involving immigration matters). However, grace period of three months is allowed for special cases, after which the student need to reapply as a fresh candidate.
3. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to register as a coursework candidate in September/February. What am I supposed to do?
Late registration will be permitted only under special circumstances and subject to the approval of the project coordinator of the respective faculty (for example, cases involving immigration matters). However, a grace period of one semester is allowed for special cases, after which the student need to reapply as a fresh candidate. For coursework, those whose register late two (2) weeks after the registration date may be subjected to a penalty of RM50/day or up to maximum of RM500.
4. I will be completing my Master degree soon from another University abroad. Simultaneously, I would like to pursue my PhD degree with UMP. Am I allowed?
Registration for a PhD degree with UMP without a recognized Master degree is not permitted. The regulations for admission states that you must be in possession of a Master degree before you can be admitted. You may apply and provide evidence of the current status of your Master degree and if all other requirements are met, you may be given a provisional offer pending the submission of your Master degree.
5. I am a registered Master candidate with UMP and I wish to pursue another Master degree in one of our local Universities or maybe abroad. Am I permitted?
Simultaneous registration for another degree with any other university, locally or abroad, without prior permission from UMP is not allowed.
6. How shall I apply for hostel in UMP?
You can apply for hostel via IPS website under “Download” and “Forms” at http://apps.ump.edu.my/hostel/postgradApplication.jsp after getting the offer letter and it will take about less than a month for processing, subject to the availability of the hostel.
7. I have done my medical check-up at the clinic/hospital but my medical results are still pending can I register without my medical results?
For local students, you may submit your medical check-up within 30 days after registration. For international students, the regulations do not permit a student to enrol without the medical clearance from a recognised doctor.
8. Can you please assist me on visa application?