REQUIREMENT FOR ADMISSION
The entry requirement for Masters degree studies by Research and Master by Mixed-Mode,
1. A student must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) with CPA of at least 2.75/4.00. In any case that a student does not meet this CPA, the student must meet any of the following criteria :
2. A student that have APEL A Certificate (APEL T-7).
- Visit http://ips.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/announcements/197-what-is-apel
For Doctor of Philosophy admission, a student must have a Masters Degree by Research or Masters Degree by coursework with CPA of at least 3.00/4.00 . In case, student does not meet this CPA, the student must meet the following conditions as shown:
Students who would like to apply for Masters Degree Program by Coursework (Full-time/Part-time) must meet the following conditions:
(1) All international students must at least meet one of the following requirements:
i. Students (other than research area on Computing, Management and English Language) must have IELTS Band 5.0 or MUET Band 3 or TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT) 60 AND the certification should not be more than 2 years from the date test taken and registration of candidature. TOEFL ITP, PBT and CBT are not accepted.
ii. Students (research area on Computing, Management and English Language) must have IELTS Band 6.0 or MUET Band 4 or TOEFL Internet Based Test (IBT) 80 AND the certification should not be more than 2 years from the date test taken and registration of candidature. TOEFL ITP, PBT and CBT are not
(2) An exemption from the English Language proficiency requirement may be given to the following :
i. International applicants who do not fulfill the minimum English language requirements but graduated from universities in English speaking countries. The list of English speaking countries is shown in Appendix below.
2 Antigua and Barbuda
11 British Virgin Island
13 Canada (except Quebec)
14 Cayman Islands
19 Federated States of Micronesia
26 Hong Kong
29 Isle of Man
44 New Zealand
48 Papua New Guinea
50 Puerto Rico
51 Republic of Ireland
53 St Kitts and Nevis
54 St Lucia
55 St Vincent and the Grenadines
59 Sierra Leone
61 Solomon Islands
62 South Africa
63 Sri Lanka
68 Trinidad and Tobago
69 Turks and Caicos Islands
71 United Kingdom
72 United States of America
73 US Virgin Islands
However, applicants from these countries must submit evidence of support that have been certified by the previous university.
ii. Local and International applicants with Bachelor or Master’s Degrees from Malaysian universities.
iii. International applicants who have graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction is English. However, applicants must submit evidence of support that have been certified by the previous university.
(3) Applicants who have not met the English requirement are given provisional admission. The applicants are given (one) 1-year from the date of registration to fulfillthe English requirement, failing which, they will be terminated from the program.
An Applicant may choose to enrol as a full time or part time student subject to the study programme offered by the faculty. However, international candidates may only register as full time students.