Viva Voce Process
8. Do I need to find my own examiners?
The supervisor will suggest the examiner’s name to the faculty. Then, the faculty will endorse the suggested examiner’s name to IPS.
9. How many copies of the draft thesis that I need to submit to the Institute of Postgraduate Studies for viva?
i. 6 copies of draft thesis for Master student
ii. 7 copies of draft thesis for PhD student
10. Where do I submit my copies of the draft thesis?
You have to submit the copies of the draft thesis to the IPS Office after your name has been approved in the system by your faculty.
11. What does the preparation that I need to do for the viva voce?
The student needs to prepare a presentation using the PowerPoint slide and may have a final discussion with the supervisor regarding the viva voce itself.
12. What sort of ambience can I expect in the viva voce examination?
It is an examination ambience. It is depends on the individual examiners approach which sometimes tend to be formal or informal. Prepare well and expect either.
13. What is the viva voce process – what can I expect?
Usually, the viva voce starts with the thesis presentation, followed with the question and answer session from the examiners.
14. How long will I be given to carry out corrections/amendments after viva-voce session?
The period given for the corrections/amendments depends on what scale that the student obtains:
Scale Description Correction Period
Scale 1 Pass without correction: maximum three (3) months
Scale 2 Pass with minor corrections: maximum six (6) month
Scale 3 Pass with major corrections: maximum nine (9) months
Scale 4 Re-examination (RE-viva): maximum twelve (12) months
15. Can I submit my corrections via email/ send directly to the examiners?
Yes, you can. But first, you have to inform and get an approval from the IPS (viva unit) before sending the corrections to the examiners directly enclosed with Endorsement of Correction Form (Viva-Voce), IPS RE-05A and IPS Re-05B (All forms can be downloaded from the IPS website).
16. For the hardbound thesis submission, how many copies that I need to submit?
A student is required to submit three (3) hardbound copies of the thesis to IPS. At the same time, the student is required to upload the final thesis in .pdf format to IPS online.
- << Prev