Viva Voce Process
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION FOR VIVA VOCE PROCESS
1. I intend to submit my thesis soon. What is the first thing I need to do?
The students are required to submit the Notice of Thesis Submission on IPS Online, at least three (3) months before submitting the draft thesis to the IPS.
2. What should I do if I failed to submit the draft thesis to IPS after three (3) months from the Notice of Thesis Submission?
Students have to submit a written application endorsed by the main supervisor requesting for an extension of the Notice of Thesis Submission to IPS.
3. Is it compulsory to attend the pre-viva process?
Yes. The pre-viva process is fully conducted by the student’s faculty.
4. Do I need to look at the regulations?
Students have to refer to the Rules and Guidelines for Postgraduate by Research manual or the IPS Portal.
5. What is the correct format of the thesis?
Students can refer to the Thesis Guide for Postgraduate manual and the latest version of the thesis template (UMP Thesis Template) which can be downloaded at IPS Portal.
6. What forms do I need to complete before draft thesis submission?
A student has to complete a few documents as follows:
i. Draft Thesis Submission Form (Form UMP (IPS) RE-01 (from Faculty only).
ii. Plagiarism Checker Report (Similarity Index <25%)
iii. Pre-Viva Evaluation Form UMP (IPS) PV-01
iv. Proof of publication Form UMP (IPS) A-06 together with the printed copies of the publication along with UMPIR code.
7. Can I submit the draft thesis without my faculty’s dean agreement?
A student has to get the approval from the Deputy Dean of Research of the Faculty before the draft thesis submission.
- Next >>