1. How can I apply for conversion of candidature status from Full Time to Part Time or Vice Versa?
Application for conversion must be made using the form available at IPS. Approval must be obtained from the respective Dean/ Director of the Faculty/Centre. The conversion of status is permitted twice during the entire period of candidature.
2. Can I apply for conversion of Masters to PhD?
Submission of extended research proposal and application form to be considered for conversion must be made within 12 months (for full-time students) and 24 months (for part-time students) after the registration of Master degree subject to:
I. Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at a doctoral level
ii. Rigorous internal evaluation by the faculty
iii. Approval by the University Senate
3. What is the procedure for extension of candidature?
The application of extension must be made two (2) months prior to the expiration date of student candidature. The application must be made officially to the Dean/Director of the respective Faculty/Centre.
4. How can I apply for change of program (Research to Coursework)?
The change of study mode can only done after one semester. Students will be bound with regulations related to the new study mode. However, the change of study mode is allowed only once throughout the student study period.
5. How can I apply for withdrawal from the program?
Withdrawal from the program of study can be made to IPS based on valid reasons using a form available at IPS. The completed form must then be submitted to IPS. Tuition fee will be refunded to new students who withdraw within 14 days after the registration date. No refunds will be made for new students who withdraw after the given period (except for personal bond international students only).
6. If an international student withdraw from the studies will the student pass be cancelled?
Yes, for international students the student pass will be cancelled if they withdraw or defer from their studies.
6. Where do I appeal to for refund of fees?
All appeals for refunds must be via the Bursary Office.
7. Whom do I appeal to for late payment for registration?
For late payment registration, the appeal needs to be via the Bursary Office.
8. What is the procedure to change the Supervisor?
The change of supervisor can be done not more than once during the period of candidature and the student is not allowed to apply for the change of supervisor if he/she had already submitted the Notice of Thesis Submission.
9. What is the procedure to reactivate my candidature?
A student must reactivate his/her candidature within the first two weeks of the respective semester after his/her postponement period ended. If he/she failed to do so, his/her candidature may be terminated (subject to the faculty’s approval).
10. What is the registration Process?
All students must register the offered program on the date being determined by the University. A new research student is given until week 13 to register with IPS.
11. What is the procedure for renewal of registration?
A student is given two (2) weeks to register. Students who register late for a course without reasons accepted by the University will be imposed a penalty. If an active student failed to renew his/her registration within the given period of time without reasons that can be accepted by the University, he/she can be terminated from his/her study.