1. I have registered with IPS and I have not received my matric card. How long does it take?
Normally, the matric card will be issued within a week after the submission of photography session, unless there is some amendment or correction of personal particulars.
2. Can I extend my offer letter registration for research mode?
The offer letter validity period for research mode is a year. As, within a year the candidate need to register. Late registration will only be permitted under special circumstances (for example, cases involving immigration matters). However, grace period of three months is allowed for special cases, after which the student need to reapply as a fresh candidate.
3. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, I am unable to register as a coursework candidate in September/February. What am I suppose to do?
Late registration will be permitted only under special circumstances and subject to the approval of the project coordinator of the respective faculty (for example, cases involving immigration matters). However, a grace period of one semester is allowed for special cases, after which the student need to reapply as a fresh candidate. For coursework, those whose register late two (2) weeks after registration date may be subjected to a penalty of RM 50/day or up to maximum of RM500.
4. I will be completing my Master degree soon from other University abroad. Simultaneously, I would like to pursue my Ph.D degree with UMP. Am I allowed?
Registration for a Ph.D degree with UMP without a recognized Master degree is not permitted. The regulations for admission states that you must be in possession of a Master degree before you can be admitted. Anyway you may apply and provide evidence of the current status of your Master degree and if all other requirements are met, you may be given a provisional offer pending the submission of your Master degree.
5. I am a registered Masters candidate with UMP and I wish to pursue another Master degree in one of our local Universities or maybe abroad. Am I permitted?
Simultaneous registration for another degree with any other university, locally or abroad, without prior permission from UMP is not allowed.
6. How shall I apply for hostel in UMP?
You can apply for the hostel via IPS website under “Download” and “Forms” at http://apps.ump.edu.my/hostel/postgradApplication.jsp after get the offer letter and it will take about less than a month for processing subjected to the availability of the hostel.
7. I have done my medical check-up at the clinic/hospital but my medical results are still pending can I register without my medical results?
For local student, you may submit your medical check-up within 30 days after registered. For international student, the regulations do not permitted a student to enrol without the medical clearance from a recognised doctor.
8. Can you please assist me on visa application?