REQUIREMENT FOR ADMISSION
For Masters degree studies by research,
1. A student must possess a Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) with CGPA of at least 2.75/4.00. In any case that a student does not meet this CGPA, the student must meet any of the following criteria :
2. A student that have APEL A Certificate (APEL T-7).
- Visit http://ips.ump.edu.my/index.php/en/announcements/197-what-is-apel
For Doctor of Philosophy admission, a student must have a Masters Degree by Research or Masters Degree by coursework with CPA of at least 3.00/4.00 . In case, student does not meet this CGPA, the student must meet the following conditions as shown:
Students who would like to apply for Masters Degree Program by Coursework (Full-time/Part-time) must meet the following conditions:
Students do not need to provide proof of any examinations, i.e. MUET, IELTS, TOEFL. By default, students need to write their thesis in English, but students are also allowed to write in Malay.
The certification should not be more than 2 years from the date test taken and registration of candidature. TOEFL Institutional Testing Program (ITP) is not accepted.
1. Students from countries of US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, in which English is their native language. However,students from these countries must submit evidence of support.
2. International students with Bachelor and Masters’ degrees from Malaysian universities, English requirement is not needed.
Students with IELTS Band 5 and below and/or TOEFL 500 and below must attend the Pre-sessional English Course (PEC). Students are offered candidature after completion of the course. Attendance to the course is compulsory, and students will be terminated if they fail to fully attend the course, and their visa cancelled. Students need to sit for assessments and a final test, and must achieve at least B (the passing mark at postgraduate level). Students are allowed to repeat the course until they obtain the required grade. The course is offered three – four times a year. Students are awarded certificate of completion.
- Students without any English language certification must attend English course – Pre-sessional English Course (PEC). Students must sit for a placement test to determine which module to enrol into, and they are registered as students of PEC Unit.
Structure: Students who start with Proficiency Module must go through all three modules, and must pass each module before proceeding to the next module. Students need to sit assessments and a final test, and must achieve at least a grade B. Students are allowed to repeat the course until they obtain the required grade. If students fail a module, they must continue the module until they pass, and so forth.
An Applicant may choose to enrol as a full time or part time student subject to the study programme offered by the faculty. However, international candidates may only register as full time students.